Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

Joshua Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Tue Jan 29 23:42:52 UTC 2008

The benefits of popularity seem clear.  There would be more smart
people with more spare time to contribute good ideas and code.  There
would be more jobs and a better chance of making a living using the
language.  The second benefit would feed into the first, and vice-versa.

The question is whether the benefits outweigh the costs.  Since the
benefits seem obvious to me, I'll assume that you're really expressing
skepticism about whether the benefits outweigh the costs.  What do you
think the costs are? (I can think of a few, but I'm curious about what
others think)

Josh