lessphic? may be a future for morphic

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:01:56 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 3:01 PM, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> stephane ducasse wrote:
> > http:/piumarta.com/software/cola/canvas.pdf
> >
> > BTW
> > one of these days it would be good to
> >     - identify the core of morphic (should not that be difficult)
> >     - rethink these parts
> This looks exactly what I'm doing with Morphic 3. Anybody willing to do
> as you say is welcome to check what I'm doing, and work together. I
> believe Morphic 3 can be the next UI framework for Squeak. Do you?
>
> To read about Morphic 3, see
>
> http://www.jvuletich.org/Smalltalks2007/St2007VuletichMorphic3TalkProposal.pdf
> and http://www.jvuletich.org/Morphic3/TheFutureOfTheGUI_01.html .

Some time in the next couple of years, I'll need a secure graphics API for
my SecureSqueak project. The basic idea is that I need as thin a layer of
abstraction as possible over various 2-D graphics targets: X11, MS Windows,
Mac, Postscript/other printer APIs, OpenGL, VNC and possibly libraries such
as Cairo. It would also need to do some event handling, as many events rely
on a particular coordinate system. GUIs such as Morphic or Tweak would run
on top of this.

Does your Morphic3 project have a base which could target all these? So far
all I'm seeing is talk about bizarre coordinate systems.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/