Promoting Squeak/Smalltalk

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at ensm-douai.fr
Wed Jan 30 08:27:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

Please note that ESUG (the European Smalltalk Users Group) is a non-
profit organization that promotes Smalltalk since 1991. ESUG has many
promotion actions :
-encourage (financially) people write papers about Smalltalk in
magazines
-encourage researchers to use Smalltalk and say it in  conferences,
-Support people to give talks Smalltalk and related technologies (e.g.
Seaside)
-Pay students to develop open source software during summer
(SummerTalk program)
-Sponsor Smalltalk related events
-Support Smalltalk open-source initiatives (e.g. Squeak foundation :-)
-Sponsor students to visit laboratories doing Smalltalk
-Organize Smalltalk events and particularly a yearly Smalltalk
dedicated conference that gathers Smalltalkers for all countries
worldwide.
--ESUG has a student volunteers program for its conferences: every
year accommodation and a free registration are offered to about 15
students that help local organizers for dealing with the conference
logistics
--BTW, I have a scoop for squeakers here : The 16th ESUG Smalltalk
conference will be held in Amsterdam next summer. Don't miss it!

The ESUG board is open for supporting other projects. So, if you have
ideas contact us.

Noury Bouraqadi
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Responsable de l'enseignement de l'informatique
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org