Editing class method sources in single place

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:50:52 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 3:09 PM, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It is very painful or impossible to get these kinds of view currently. Some
> STers seem very attached to current browsers.

Well I'm a relatively new Smalltalker and I'm quite attached to the
way current browsers work.  In fact, my day job currently has me
working on C# and I really wish I had a view there that was like the
Smalltalk one.  All those methods on one screen is just clutter for me
since I only concentrate on one method at a time in any event.

But if someone else wants to work that way then it sounds fine.  I
just hope people who work only from such a view take the time to learn
how people write Smalltalk (i.e. small well factored methods) instead
of carrying *other* practices into Smalltalk (e.g. 1000 line Java
methods).