Counting lines of code

squeak-dev.5.pris at spamgourmet.com squeak-dev.5.pris at spamgourmet.com
Wed Jan 30 19:16:40 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 5:02 PM, tim Rowledge - tim at rowledge.org

> And more to the point (unless you need it for some printing out type
> of reason) don't bother. LOC was never a useful measure of anything in
> software and is utterly meaningless in Smalltalk. Some of my most
> productive days have had a LOC count of negative a small number.
> Sometimes the best solution to a problem is to remove code, not add it.

Yes, I know, I know. Look, I don't want to start a long  discussion on
the usefulness(or lack thereof) of couting LOCs. I just want to know
if there is a simple way to count it. If not, any ideas of how this
should be implemented in a simple way?

Peace, Roland

PS: Sorry, I couldn't resist, but regarding your negative LOC example,
possibly you wasted time on a previous day implementing something in a
wrong or too complex way.  This information could be quite meaningful
and important.