Editing class method sources in single place

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Thu Jan 31 18:00:14 UTC 2008

tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> writes:

> This turns out to be incorrect. Have another browser open. Leave the
> one with partially written code and go to this other browser.
That's exactly not what I want. I do not want to have a tons of
browser open just to realize that I do not know which one to choose next.
> Investigate other methods or even start writing your 'function b'.
> Open yet another browser and do it all again.
> If categories bother you just leave everything in a single category.
> You'll soon learn how helpful they can be once you have a couple of
> dozen methods in your class.
Well if it's clear in which category to put the stuff then I agree,
but that's not that clear ot me always and then I'm searching for a
method from which I "expect" it to be foo but unfotunatly it's in
bar....

I don't want to change your way of doing things. But I'm not willing
to just adopt to this way. I conceil I'm corrupted by (X)Emacs (it's
among other a decent editor) Smalltalks Editors could gain much by
just beeing a bit more Emacsish ....

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus