[squeak-dev] Squeak/Seaside on a no-GUI remote host

John Chandler morph at growler.net
Fri Jul 4 20:00:41 UTC 2008

I have shell (ssh) access to a Debian host that has a DNS-able
address, but no X-server.  The little I've done in Squeak has all been
from the GUI, which depends on X or a similar console GUI, which I
don't have access to.  I mean, *theoretically,* I could run X, but I
seriously doubt I could get it to display on my machine, which lives
on a private net in a residential setting.

It must be possible to develop for Squeak/Seaside under these
conditions, but it's not clear to me what the best way would be.
Clues?

-jmc