[squeak-dev] Namespaces

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:53:56 UTC 2008

2008/7/6 Jason Johnson <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com>:
> On 7/5/08, Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> These Namespaces are not for Squeak. They are for a fork of Squeak I'm >making, called SecureSqueak.
>
> I'm not sure I have ever understood your use of the word "security"
> here.  When I think of security (as relates to technology) I think of
> firewalls, access rights and the like.  Is something like this what
> you mean, i.e. that unknown users can inject code into the image but
> it has no rights unless someone grants them, etc.?

Security its when you don't need any firewalls or virus protection
software simply because you can't do any harm to system despite how
hard you try.
Maybe in Microsoft's sense, security means installing a lot of stuff ,
which protects their badly half-working software , but for the rest of
the world its means different :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.