[squeak-dev] Namespaces

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 18:07:07 UTC 2008

On 7/6/08, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Security its when you don't need any firewalls or virus protection
> software simply because you can't do any harm to system despite how
> hard you try.
> Maybe in Microsoft's sense, security means installing a lot of stuff ,
> which protects their badly half-working software , but for the rest of
> the world its means different :)

Well, I'm a software developer and a network engineer and I can tell
you that security absolutely means adding *lots* of infrustructure,
machines, software and so on for protection (not to mention
partitioning the network into "safety levels" and so on).

I'll give you that it all looks worse on M$, but security isn't
achieved by magic anywhere.