[squeak-dev] All tests running green

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun Jul 6 23:54:19 UTC 2008

At 4:30 PM -0700 7/6/08, squeak-dev-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org apparently wrote:
>Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 14:09:15 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Jerome Peace <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [squeak-dev] All tests running green
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>
>All tests running green
>

>Ken G. Brown wrote:
>> I think that the dev images should ship with all tests running green.
>
>Cool. How?

Of course the basic image would have to have all tests green to start.
And I suppose not pre-loading any packages that cause failing tests would be a start.
Those ones can be showcased and easily available for loading, and if the package maintainers want them included pre-loaded in the dev images, they would need to fix the issues.

>It is a hard task just to get the basic image to run its tests green.
>The dev image introduces a lot of packages to each other often for the first time.
>
>Damien does a mighty service by providing fresh integration every month.

+1!

>This is probably near the limit of the time service he can give to the community.
>
>Are you willing to recruit someone to post
> the results of the tests runs for a dev image each month?
>It seems to me that would be the next step.
>
>The reports would be the feedback that lead to green tests.

I am away from home for a couple weeks and will not be able to do anything towards that during the time away.
I will see what I can do when I get back to it.

>*** Ken Wrote:
>>I'd like to have confidence that everything added to 3.10.2 also includes
>>tests for everything added, and that all tests run unattended and everything
>>ends green.
>
>+1
>
>>For starters, on Mac 10.5.4, fresh sq3.10.2-7179dev08.07.1 on Squeak
>>3.8.18beta1U.app vm, pull out the Test Runner, select all standard tests,
>>start to ru
>
>n 2788 tests,  and with manual intervention required several
>>times, it only gets to 394 run, 374 passes, 2 expected failures, 5 failures
>>13 error, before it quits processing.
>***
>

>Cool, what test does it quit on?

How can I tell? It said 394 run when it quit.

Your comments make good sense.

Ken G. Brown