[squeak-dev] Web Team Report - May, Jun 2008

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jul 7 15:37:18 UTC 2008

Dear Squeakers,

This is a monthly report about Web Team activities for May and Jun 2008.

Web Team main responsibility is to maintain our main public face: the
http://www.squeak.org website.

In May we started three reorganizations and corrections of website:

- moving Board page to Community instead Foundation, to be more visible
and on the place where anyone expect to be first. We proposed the move
to the Board and end goal was that they started with renaming themself.
We are now waiting for that phase to finish.

- Press Room section and duplication with News team Weekly Squeak blog.
This page was initiated by the PR team and is meant to be a place for
press releases. Current press releases are quite old already, so we hope
that PR team will be more up to date and to somehow separate the form of
their releases from News team.

- the Teams page was cleaned up so that all information is now up to date

There were also some minor corrections of broken links and few answers
to questions that came from public e-mail on Contact Us page.

In June there weren't much activity except cleaning the spam coming from
the public e-mail. What I hope in July is to finally choose technology
and finish the upgrade of our website. Student exam period is over, let
we now finish that too!

Best regards
Janko Mivšek
Web team leader