[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] Revival

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:20:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

last week, I published 2 polls (http://www.doodle.ch/5u67s53greapfdu6
and http://www.doodle.ch/9y9r6nr2imci8g38) to help me know what you
want for the squeak-dev images. From these polls, I can conclude that:

- you are becoming more and more interested in 3.10
- you believe some beta tools are stable enough to include in all
images (Nice fonts, UI Enhancements and SUnitGUI-improved).

However, I do not understand why so much people continue to download
3.9 based images. Maybe because there is the word 'beta' associated
with 3.10 based images on my webpage.

Here is my propositions for the future squeak-dev versions:

- include Nice fonts, UI Enhancements and SUnitGUI-improved in all images
- only base one image on top of 3.9 and update it less often. I still
haven't decided if this image will contain the web stuffs or not. Any
opinion?
- create 2 stable dev- and web- images based on 3.10
- create a beta 3.10 based dev-image. I plan to use Level Playing
Field and Packages to generate this image. I will also put Algernon,
the new Diff tools and other beta pakages in it.

Could you please give me your opinion on these choices? Do I have to
create another poll for something?

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good