[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak News Team Report - April 2008

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 08:02:00 UTC 2008

Hello All,

This is your monthly News report for June 2008.

First, I must apologise for the lack of a report for May. I was in the
process of moving from Scotland to Switzerland, and things got a bit
hectic last month!

The purpose of the News Team is to publish news regarding Squeak and
Smalltalk development and use. It aims to provide a service to the
Squeak community, highlighting anything which Squeak users may find
interesting in The Weekly Squeak newszine. It will also try to promote
Squeak and Smalltalk outside its own community, by submitting articles
and news items to mainstream websites such as Slashdot and OSNews.

We had 17,545 direct page views for the month of June. This is
substantially up from May's figure 14,836, and twice as many page
views as for the same month last year!

In total, eleven articles were posted. Our top three articles were
(figures includes RSS views):

Squeak on the iPhone! - 7,588 hits
http://news.squeak.org/2008/06/11/squeak-on-the-iphone/

JSqueak - Smalltalk interpreter written in Java - 3,992 hits
http://news.squeak.org/2008/06/21/jsqueak-smalltalk-interpreter-written-in-java/

Qwaq developing new fast Smalltalk VM - 3,472 hits
http://news.squeak.org/2008/06/07/qwaq-developing-new-fast-smalltalk-vm/

If you have any news that you think that others may find interesting
or useful, please feel free to drop the News Team a line. If you're
planning any publicity for new releases, book launches, we can work
with you to co-ordinate publication. If you're bursting with ideas for
interesting posts, why not join the News Team and start posting?

Happy Squeaking,
Michael Davies
Squeak News Team Leader.