[squeak-dev] SqueakGtk news

Gwenaël Casaccio mrgwen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:09:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm working on the SqueakGtk for the summer of code and I would like
to say some news about the Gtk support on Squeak.

I've added support of new widgets :

    * GtkAboutDialog (added some fields)
    * GtkFontSelectionDialog
    * GtkAccelLabel
    * GtkLinkButton
    * GtkScaleButton
    * GtkVolumeButton
    * WebKit
    * ...

And fixed a memory leaks (but there are others memory leaks to fix),
I've create some basic tools
an inspector, a transcript, and a nice browser :p

There is a basic support of the Omnibrowser (only read-only now, but
I'm working on it)

The next big step will be to finished the support of the Omnibrowser,
the basic tools and the creation
of a start interface. Save the state of the Gtk objects, and remove
the morphs support

If you want to try squeakGtk don't save the image before doing a :
'Gtk mainQuit' (the Gkt object only contains a C pointers)

You can find news and download the project here :
http://squeakgtk.pbwiki.com/ and http://blog.summer.squeak.org/