[squeak-dev] Leadership meeting July 16 report

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 23 19:16:26 UTC 2008

{I really thought I had posted this; apologies for the lateness]

In the spirit of trying to use squeak technology when possible, we
have been trying out the Qwaq Forums system for our meetings with some
encouraging success but also some echo problems plaguing the sound.
But, hey, skype conference calling actually worked for us this time.
To prove it, Randal sang like Kermit for us; twice.

Craig reported the delayed release of the Squeak 4/Spoon code promised
last time due to classbuilder problem (surviving no system dictionary)
needing work.
Randal will write and release a call for comments on which webserver
choice people prefer. We agreed a two week time limit so that we can
aim to reach closure on this soon.
We are still asking for responses to the re-licensing request; we
still have a number of significant contributors not yet sigend up.
No recent communications from SFLC; we're still expected to produce
the 'clean image with author details', all ongoing.

tim
Java:  the best argument for Smalltalk since C++