[squeak-dev] Squeak as DLL

askoh askoh at askoh.com
Sat Jul 26 22:54:28 UTC 2008

My main work is related to
freeCAD: 3D CAD with Motion Simulation
http://ar-cad.com
has the application and open source. All the code there is in VisualWorks.

A partner and I have created Alibre Motion addon using the motion engine.
http://askoh.net/misc/motion/motion1/motion1.html
We used Visual Basic and COM to interface Alibre Design and the VisualWorks
motion engine. Others are helping me to create addons for Solidworks using
VB, Rhinoceros using C++, AutoCAD using Lisp. My partner and I have put all
the common features into a SDK, so only the CAD dependent code needs to be
done to create motion addons.
http://askoh.net/motionsdk/intro/Install_and_run_VB_example.html
http://askoh.net/motionsdk/Programming/Programming_Intro.html
http://askoh.net/motionsdk/Documentation/Documentation_Available.html
http://askoh.net/motionsdk/intro/Actua_Motion_Core_SDK_Setup_20080506.exe

Another partner and I are porting freeCAD to Squeak and Croquet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kayef8
Hence, I have interest to create addons with Squeak.

I have tried DotNet Bridge with Squeak to control AutoCAD to do CAD
automation. It works pretty well but it is Squeak controlling all the time.
It may be possible to extend it to work both ways.

I would really like to create addons with Squeak. So I am willing to help
any effort to make that possible.

All the best,
Aik-Siong Koh