[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak and MySQL?

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:15:51 UTC 2008

I would also recommend ODBCEnh, which lets you use DSN-less connections, and
implements doesNotUnderstand to look for common types of field names in the
collections it returns (so that  ARecord firstName can find field names like
"firstName, or "FIRST_NAME," etc...).
The ODBC package is a change set, which, if I recall, loads some global
constants and things which made the TimeStamp class not work in Aida, I
think.  Anyway, if you have problems, let me know; I have a version I
patched many months ago which seems to work...although I didn't know enough
at the time to turn it into a Monticello package and wrap ODBCEnh up with
it!

Take care,

Rob