[squeak-dev] A website to communicate about Smalltalk companies

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jul 31 09:21:51 UTC 2008

Damien Cassou wrote:

> some websites (http://www.esug.org/Smaltalk/Companies,
> http://community.ofset.org/index.php/Entreprises_utilisant_Smalltalk)
> lists Smalltalk customers and companies. It would be interesting to
> merge these lists and update them. That would help us promote
> Smalltalk. I don't think esug.org is the right place because it's
> restricted to Europe. ofset.org is also not the best choice because
> it's mainly French.

It is very important that this list is on some well known domain. The
smalltalk.org would be of course ideal but ESUG is also not bad. And if
you look at ESUG's list of companies, there are from all the world.

So, I propose that ESUG's list is updated to be as recent as possible,
then a bit of promotion can archive that this list is well known and
authoritative for a whole Smalltalk community, not only European one.

JAnko

> Merik Voswinkel proposes to create a new wiki and put a domain for it.
> It's an interesting idea.
>
> What about smalltalk.org? Who owns this domain and who is responsible
> for maintaining it?
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Merik Voswinkel <macmerik at xs4all.com> wrote:
>> Damien,

>>> Thanks for the pointers. Once I finish my presentation, I could change
>>> these wiki pages.
>>
>> I could set up an new wiki for you, and I think Rob Vens could find someone
>> to keep it updated in the future.
>>
>> As a stopgap solution you can use the two wiki's below right away, I'll
>> transfer them to a proper place on friday and put a domain on them. Tell me
>> what you need and I'll arrange it.
>>
>> http://squeakphone.wiki.xs4all.nl/index.php?title=Main_Page
>> http://www.macmerik.nl:8080/seaside/pier
>>
>> My professional Linkedin groups on Smalltalk will certainly be able to
>> supply more names, and be interrested in the list as a broadcast.
>>
>> Do not forget the www.cmsbox.com or netstyle.ch customers.
>>

>> Merik

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web