[squeak-dev] Help: need pangocairo.pc

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:25:14 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 Jul 2008 5:43:07 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I did not try on Ubuntu, but doesn't libpango1.0-dev provide
> pangocairo.pc? You *do* need the -dev packages for compiling yourself
> of course.
Thanks, Bert. I thought I had all the *-dev packages installed, but I now I
find that I had slipped on libpango1.0-dev and a few other libs.

The names of packages on Debian/Ubuntu is different from those on RH. The spec
file only gives the latter names. I used the following debs on Ubuntu

libasound2-dev libdbus-1-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libpango1.0-dev libspeex-dev
libvorbis-dev libx11-dev libxft-dev libxt-dev

Is there any place where the deb requirements listed for latest olpc builds?
Are there any specific library version dependencies?

Subbu