[squeak-dev] Help: need pangocairo.pc

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jul 31 15:52:19 UTC 2008

On 31.07.2008, at 17:25, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Thursday 31 Jul 2008 5:43:07 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> I did not try on Ubuntu, but doesn't libpango1.0-dev provide
>> pangocairo.pc? You *do* need the -dev packages for compiling yourself
>> of course.
> Thanks, Bert. I thought I had all the *-dev packages installed, but
> I now I
> find that I had slipped on libpango1.0-dev and a few other libs.
>
> The names of packages on Debian/Ubuntu is different from those on
> RH. The spec
> file only gives the latter names. I used the following debs on Ubuntu
>
> libasound2-dev libdbus-1-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libpango1.0-dev
> libspeex-dev
> libvorbis-dev libx11-dev libxft-dev libxt-dev
>
> Is there any place where the deb requirements listed for latest olpc
> builds?

For compiling OLPC stuff you should use sugar-jhbuild:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Ubuntu_Linux

The list given for gutsy is:

git-core automake1.9 cvs python-json python-numpy libdbus-glib-1-dev
python-cairo-devautomake1.7 bison flex libtool subversion darcs g++
gettext libpoppler-glib-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev xserver-
xephyr libavahi-glib-dev libjpeg62-dev  libtiff4-dev libsqlite3-dev
python-avahi libfribidi-dev libenchant-dev  libgnutls-dev libboost-dev
libxslt1-dev libgsf-1-dev libasound2-dev libssl-dev libxt-dev
libgtk2.0-dev libgconf2-dev liboil-dev libtheora-dev libncurses5-dev
python-gnome2-dev libglade2-dev gtk-doc-tools libavahi-client-dev
libxml2-utils gnome-doc-utils libxres-dev libwv-dev libgnomevfs2-dev
python-simplejson python-json libcroco3-dev

Or do you mean for compiling Squeak only? I don't know the Ubuntu
package names, but the RPM lists some packages that are required for
building:

http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/olpc/squeak-vm.spec
> Are there any specific library version dependencies?

I don't think so, latest should be fine.

- Bert -