[squeak-dev] Smalltalk customers

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Thu Jul 31 15:53:48 UTC 2008

There's a list of Cincom success stories at http://www.cincom.com/common/success-stories/ although I think it mixes all of them, and doesn't separate out the Smalltalk ones. I didn't see anyone mention JP Morgan's derivatives business yet, which is definitely in there. Or AMD's semiconductor manufacturing. There should be a presentation from Thor Raabe at Smalltalk Solutions a few years back talking about a different semiconductor manufacturing story. The Q&A for that had the lovely quote "Q: So what percentage of the silicon chips in the world would you say pass through a machine controlled by Smalltalk at some point during their fabrication. A: I'd have to say 100%"

And of course there's Key Technology's french-fry and other food sorting equipment - not the sort of domain people often think about.

Oddly, I couldn't seem to get to the marketing success stories from the cincomsmalltalk.com site <nudges Jim Robertson>.

--
Alan Knight [|], Engineering Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
knight at acm.org
aknight at cincom.com
http://www.cincom.com/smalltalk