[squeak-dev] Monticello doesn't create new packages

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jun 2 10:18:52 UTC 2008

On 02.06.2008, at 11:06, Herbert König wrote:

> BF> Simplest would be renaming your categories "hk-aster-game" and
> "hk-
> BF> aster-moving objects".
>
> this one helped! So a class category must *not* start with a package
> name followed immediately by a blank if the category shall belong to
> the package.

This has nothing to do with blanks at all. The only significant
characters are the hyphens. The category name is split into tokens by
the hyphens, and only tokens are compared. Tokens are compared in
whole, not by substrings.

> Consequence seems to be I have to go through all my images if I have
> broken this naming scheme somewhere and only part of my categories are
> saved.

Or, if you like substring matching better than token matching, include
your own PackageInfo subclass with your package. It is really simple.
Here is the default matching:

category: categoryName matches: prefix
	^ categoryName notNil and: [categoryName = prefix or: [categoryName
beginsWith: prefix, '-']]

Make a PI subclass, override the method as

category: categoryName matches: prefix
	^ categoryName notNil and: [categoryName beginsWith: prefix]

and then in its class-side initialize method, do

	(self new packageName: 'hk-aster') register

- Bert -