[squeak-dev] Looking for a postdoc...

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:02:07 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a postdoc (preferentially outside France).
The postdoc could be in one these fields: Programming languages,
Domain-Specific Languages, ...

I do my Ph.D. at LIRMM (Montpellier, France) under the supervision of
Christophe Dony and Marianne Huchard.
During my Ph.D, I proposed a component-oriented language called Scl (Simple
Component Language). This language has been designed to be as miminal as
possible in order to clearly identify the essence of the component approach.
The component assembly mechanism is central in Scl. This mechanism enables:
(i)  separation of concerns, since a component can be used as a regular
component or as a crosscutting component (similar to aspects in
aspect-oriented programming), (ii) arguments passing since it is achieved
using temporary connections between components and (iii) adaptation, thanks
to glue code, in order to connect components that are not
plug-compatible. The most advanced prototype of Scl (proof of concept) has
been implemented in Smalltalk. And another one has been started in Ruby.

My Ph.D (http://www.lirmm.fr/~fabresse/these/these-lf.pdf) is curently the
document that decribes best my work but it is written in French. If you are
interested you could read the latest journal paper on Scl (
http://www.lirmm.fr/~fabresse/en/index.php?current=bib).

I'm really interested to do a postdoc (related to Smalltalk would be a dream
;-)) and open to any proposition so feel to contact me.
My resume is available on my web site: http://www.lirmm.fr/~fabresse/en/

Have Fun,

#Luc