[squeak-dev] Re: Hit end of changes file limit

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 22:08:02 UTC 2008

Rob Rothwell wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Klaus D. Witzel
> <klaus.witzel at cobss.com <mailto:klaus.witzel at cobss.com>> wrote:
>
>     If you're already in trouble, I'd suggest you condense changes
>     with a single doIt (since doIt's write to .changes).
>

> As a new user wanting to avoid such an issue, would I use Smalltalk
> condenseChanges?
>
> Rob
Hello Rob,

I wouldn't worry about it until you need it. I was loading and reloading
a really really big package, possibly the biggest package out there.

It did give me three warnings, so there is nothing to worry about.
However this doesnt mean we shouldnt try and fix it for 3.11

Keith

p.s. 3.11 will have Traits in it. The TraitsUnload script is an option
for those that want it.