[squeak-dev] Screen size insensitive to change of monitors.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 4 04:10:07 UTC 2008

[squeak-dev] Getting Squeak3.10 to work under problem Linuxes

Hi Mariano,

Thanks for your interest.

Your complaint sounds like it would make a good mantis report.

Here are the FAQs,

FAQ: Is this a known issue ? Where is the place to report bugs (or check if
some have already been raised) ?

The best place for this info would be to start a
Mantis report. (You can get a mantis acct freely and
easily).

A good place to start is:

http://bugs.squeak.org/my_view_page.php

Mantis provides a patient persistent way to focus on an issue.
I use it to accumulate data on a problem until a solution can be found.
It provides a place to alert the community to a problem;
-accumulate facts and clues from the analysis;
-publish preposed solutions and get feedback;
-get solutions harvested and included into the main stream.

This FAQ is available at the Squeak wiki site.
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/Mantis%20FAQ%20and%20Tips
aka:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5912
Mantis FAQ and Tips

===
Also squeak is a small mostly volunteer community.
If a problem bugs you enough to want it fixed
be prepared to be the one to track it down and fix it.

See if you can write a test that will fail until the problem is fixed.

See if you can write something that sets the screen to the appropriate size and res.
And makes the test pass.

Bug tracking is a good exercise for squeak learning

***
>Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
>Tue Jun 3 04:52:32 UTC 2008
>

>I think all of them are good ideas. Other problem I found with the screen is
>when I have an image saved in a 17" monitor for example, and the I open it
>in a 15", the screen is crap. It would be nice Squeak recognize the actual
>screen resolution of the pc you are running and adapt the squeak image to
>that resolution.
>
>I am newbie so perhaps I am saying non sense things.

No harm starting with nonsense to get inspiration. :-)