[squeak-dev] Webcam in Squeak (Videoflow)

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 07:51:51 UTC 2008

Played with a webcam on WinVista last night and found VideoFlow framework for Squeak.
(http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2411)

I tried the DShowVideoController examples. The captured frame is displayed correctly
but the update is really really slow (changes any 10 seconds) on a fast machine.

When I use the WebCamMorph (which used sqWebCam.dll) the video is
fast enough but the colors are totally screwed up.
Changine the display depth and endianess didn't help. Camera is working with
other programs. Must be a Squeak issue since using the MCI in C# works perfect.

Any ideas?
Thx
Torsten