[squeak-dev] Rewriting 'ReadStream on: smth'

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:52:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:54:51 +0200, "Damien Cassou"
> <damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Currently, I'm thinking about replacing 'ReadStream on: expr' by 'expr
>> readStream'.
>
> As far as I can tell, this method has been around in SequenceableCollection
> since sometime in 2000, at least in "normal" Squeak...
>
> I've got a virgin Squeak 3.1 image that has it...

What do you imply?

I don't want to remove ReadStream>>on:, only use another level of
indirection by using the already existing method #readStream. I think
this method has been made to avoid the use of ReadStream>>on: that's
why I believe this change is interesting.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good