[squeak-dev] Squeak and the iPhone

Merik Voswinkel merik at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 13:08:07 UTC 2008

Hello Marcel,

On Jun 12, 2008, at 4:07 AM, Marcel Weiher wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2008, at 5:42 , Stephen Pair wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:26 AM, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
>> > wrote:
>> Because of this I have embarked on a 93 work day journey to build a
>> new fully documented Objective C based source
>> tree to host the Squeak VM on the iPhone and as a 64bit VM on OS-X.
>>

> Well, there has been an ObjC/Cocoa based VM for some time, called,
> unsurprisingly, CocoaSqueak.

I am looking for the sources online but can't find them anymore.
Can you help me?
With your permission, I will bring CocoaSqueak up to date and extend
it with a full cocoa bridge, 64 bit and multicore support.

Let me take opportunity to thank you for all your work on CocoaSqueak,
I have been using for years now. Thanks a lot!
Alas, the newer images do not run anymore, so I hope you will allow me
to fix that.

As you may have noticed, John McIntosh is not releasing the source
code of the Cocoa iPhone VM and will only sell his future version and
only if Apple agrees. I was the one funding John's 93 days and Impara,
but I have now withdrawn this funding because we only support open
source.

If you are interested, I can send you the full iPhone port
'documentation' I wrote for John.

Merik Voswinkel