[squeak-dev] Re: FFI + Windows + Cygwin

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:39:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/20 Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>:
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:46 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> and
> >> >>

> >> So, just copy .dll to same dir where image or squeak binary resides.
> >> But i think problem that resulting .dll using some other libraries
> >> which located under that dir.
> >> And to make it working you need to add this dir to PATH environment var.
> >> If i remember this should help.
> >
> > Ok. I'll try this. I am sorry for my newbie questions, but I have never
> > program C in windows. When I compiled openDBX with cygwin, it generated
> > thees files libopendbx.a , libopendbx.la y libopendbx.dll.a
> >
> > I mean, there isn't a real XXX.dll so that windows can find it. Is this
> ok?
> >

> why not just build a .dll with mingw tools?

Igor: Thanks a lot for the answer. Norbert (openDBX author) tell me that
openDBX can be compiled with both of them: cygwin and winGW. As I know
cygwin I tried with it and not with winGW.

Why do you think I could use MinGW? which are the difference between them
(MinGW and Cygwin) ?

I am asking just because I don't know.

very thanks,

Mariano