[squeak-dev] [JSqueak] Re: JSqueak, the erstwhile Potato, is out!

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Jun 21 22:03:43 UTC 2008

Frank Lesser <frank-lesser at lesser-software.com> wrote...

>This is great, just great. It is a great contribution to keep Smalltalk
>alive - to make it more popular & to revive it.
>
>What I would suggest - hope that someone takes it:
>
>Make that title window "Squeak - a free Smalltalk".
>Make a link or print how to use it - we know Smalltalk & Squeak but
>newcomers?
>Need to be posted to c.l.s. & also to the ruby ng.
>What about to send a message about it to German CT magazine?

Thanks for your enthusiasm, Frank.

A few more things need to be finished up before it is ready for publicity.  Done right, it could be very neat, but methinks it it would be a mistake to promote it beyond this small circle of friends right now.

	- Dan