[squeak-dev] How to file out all the methods in a message list window?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jun 22 13:19:49 UTC 2008

El 6/21/08 7:53 AM, "askoh" <askoh at askoh.com> escribió:

> When I right click 'sender of' I get a message list window of methods. How do
> I file out all the methods in that message list window into one *.st file?
>
> Thanks,
> Aik-Siong Koh

You could do:
Click on window for having halo, select debug, select model.
You should have a inspector labelled MessageSet.
On lower pane if you type self messageList , could see a new inspector with
a OrderedCollection of MethodReference.
I like do the object way, so not save a .st.
If in this OrderedCollection inspector you type in the lower pane self
saveOnFile, you got a Window asking which name you like for this.
I always use some like "MyMethods.obj", and in SqueakLightII have how to
read this.
Drag and drop the .obj and you open a inspector in a different image.
Off course , is not magic and could not work if you try to save very complex
objects or objects with references to classes not in the target image.

Curious.
WHY  you need this?

Edgar