[squeak-dev] Bootstrapping (Subversion (was: Re: Perl is to CPAN as Squeak is to (what)?))

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 03:54:34 UTC 2008

What Linux people proposing looks controversial to me.

Why, bits which was written in early '80 and then forgotten because
they don't needed anymore now become important? :)
A proposal sounds like: lets forget what we're done in last decades
and start it over again. Just because of what?
Smalltalk image is a living system. Try load and save new version of
image. We could say, its the same image. But we all know, that many
objects and states within newly saved image will be different to
original image. So how you suppose to convince linux-people that given
image is a product of creating from text sources? After few iterations
clearly state that.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.