[squeak-dev] {Q} When we lost TextEditorYellowButtonMenu ? We stillneed it ?

Boris.Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Mon Jun 30 04:25:06 UTC 2008

"Edgar J. De Cleene" wrote:
When we lost TextEditorYellowButtonMenu ? We stillneed it ?

> Folks:
>
> I polishing SqueakLightII (unofficial 3.11) and found in undeclared
> TextEditorYellowButtonMenu
>
> Still is in source text and last image having is 3.8 in ParagraphEditor
> class variables.
The TextEditorYellowButtonMenu is very old stuff from the MVC framework.
 The class variable was used to store a prebuild PopUpMenu that could
be used again and again. Prebuilt reuseable menues were one of the
tricks that made Smalltalk performant on the computers of the early
eighties.
> So is still needed ?
For MVC, it is needed, the new morphic menues that the expression
ParagraphEditor yellowbuttonMenu
provides simply do not work in the MVC environment.

> Google bring me some to think we should have, but is not on 3.9 or 3.10.
>
> Any help or hints ?
Well, with the decision to drop MVC we do not need that class
variable.