[squeak-dev] The Primitive: I am not a number- I am a named prim! - SqueakPeople article

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Jun 30 18:52:00 UTC 2008

Hi Tim,

I agree, but I cannot follow with what you see can be done with the
saved bits. You say "The 10 released bits can be used for a variety of
purposes including marking immutable objects, fixed address objects,
proxy objects etc.". However, none of those three examples seem to be
related as you only spare bits in compiled methods, but not in the
general object header. What have I missed?

Cheers,
Adrian