[squeak-dev] Magma tutorial

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:09:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Gildas Le Mentec <zihildaah at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> my name is gildas, i'm a student in 4th year in IT Management and i would
> like to use Magma for my project of implementation of an accounting software
> in squeak... The problem is that i'm used to use sql for the databases and
> i'm a little bit lost with Magma, i would like to know if there is any
> tutorial for magma which can explain how to create a server, how to create
> data and how to read it...
>
> Sorry i'm really a begginer, but i really want to use magma which seems to
> be really integrated to squeak instead of an sql database.

Hi Gildas.

Welcome to the community! I assume Travis's answer is suffiencient.

There's a special mailing list for beginners where people such as yourself
can get advice on Squeak. The details for joining are at
http://www.squeak.org/Community.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg