[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak-dev .images #initializeMemorySettings [was: 100 Million objects]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Mon Mar 3 11:46:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:31:12 +0100, Damien Cassou
<damien.cassou at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com>
> wrote:
>>  > I see 2 commits now in squeaksource/ImageForDevelopers: kwl.147
>>  > kwl.148. Is that you Klaus?
>>
>>  Right. Unfortunately SqueakSource doesn't want to know who you are when
>>  posting is open to the world.
>

> I think it does if you use your login/password to commit.

Tried it and, seems to work :) BTW: most of your commits are as anonymous
as mine was.

>>  > If I understand correctly, you want me to execute 'SmalltalkImage
>> current
>>  > initializeMemorySettingsProfileQF', right?
>>
>>  No; in a last minute decision I wrote the script's code+comment (see
>> the
>>  commit's description), to be included in the Script Manager preferably
>> as
>>  a new entry #initializeMemorySettings and mentioned in the welcome. It
>>  would also be worth to mention that people should use the latest and
>>  greatest VM which has fix
>>
>>  -  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6667
>>
>>  before wondering about what #gcBiasToGrow* does for them.
>
> I haven't seen anything about writing to the script manager

... except perhaps what I wrote into the commit's description?

> in the class DEVImage.

Okay, added it to some class whose name begins with DEVImage.

> If you want to write a documentation in the
> ScriptManager, just add a method in the method category 'build
> documentation'

Un-be-liev-able, is this documentation about documentation? ;-) No joke:
can you perhaps complete the class comment that I pasted.

/Klaus