[squeak-dev] Re: Alternate BlockContext>>forkAt: for Andreas, was #fork and deterministic resumption of the resulting process

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Mon Mar 3 14:53:32 UTC 2008

Hi Gary,

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:17:53 -0000, "Gary Chambers" <gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Of course, #1 may never run the context if there is a process that only
>tields and doesn't wait (via delay or semaphore)...
>
>[[true] whileTrue: [Processor yield]] fork.
>[(Processor waitingProcessesAt: Processor activeProcess priority) notEmpty]
>whileTrue: [Processor
>yield]. self inform: 'waiting ends'
>
>:-)
>Gary

Yes, and I think Andreas' solution would suffer the same problem.  And would any
code with a lower priority ever run.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.