[squeak-dev] Re: Jeff Raskin's zoom world in Squeak

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Mar 3 20:23:13 UTC 2008

karl wrote:
> Here is a little more info:
> The comment below is from a change set that was added to Squeak 2.9a.
> You may have to load a Squeak version from that timeframe for it to work
> as expected.

As a word of advice: Don't even go near that place in recent Squeak
versions. This code was always extremely experimental and hasn't been
touched in years (7+ if I'm counting correctly). If you're serious about
creating a whole new UI (instead of just dabbling for an hour or two to
see what can be done) you'll be better off starting from scratch than
trying to retrofit that code.

Cheers,
   - Andreas