[squeak-dev] Re: Summer(s) of Code 2007/2008

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Mar 4 09:53:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:04:21 +0100, giovanni <giovanni at corriga.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in no more than two weeks, the 2008 edition of the Google Summer of Code
> will
> start.
> ... In
> comparison to last year's effort, I propose two changes:

> - we choose more "down to earth" projects that have a bigger possibility
> of being included in the software we release (the main Squeak image,
> Seaside, Croquet etc).

I doubt that can be decided in advance, i.e. before a SoC project
delivers. Also, applicants who aim more for a package based on Squeak than
for an integral part of a Squeak release are unfortunately shyed away.

Are there really such an overwhelming number of applicants and, do most of
them propose compilers, dev tools, SCM tools, image shrink-dryers,
modularizators, traitisizers, bang-new-UIs and the like?

/Klaus