[squeak-dev] Re: Renaming "Squeak"

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Wed Mar 5 00:40:13 UTC 2008

I absolutely agree with Esteban on this. A rename of the main project is like a
huge debt on the Squeak "trademark". Fail just for a little and you get a mess
of confusion among public. Do that and you are responsible for adding more
barriers it already has in the market (for both developers and organizations).

We can work the Squeak as trademark but IMHO we are far for needing to
prioritize deconstruction of the Squeak name.

A *lot* more important is to have well debugged tools and inject a *serius*
ergonomy and usability fator to all the environment. Right now several Squeak
interfaces in default distribution violates lots of principles of interface
design. Improving that will do a lot more for "the goal".

	cheers,

Sebastian Sastre