[squeak-dev] Browser Menus

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Mar 6 02:09:57 UTC 2008

On 5-Mar-08, at 3:42 PM, David Zmick wrote:

> Ok, I have played around a little more, and I found a method
> OBTextPanel>>yellowButtonMenu, where I was able to get the "button"
> in the right place, but I can't figure out the correct action for
> it :(.  I am not sure if we are thinking of the same thing,  If you
> need any clarification of my problem, I would be more than happy to
> explain it to you better :)

Hi David,

Damien is right - you'll be much better off writing a command than
messing with #yellowButtonMenu. #yellowButtonMenu is just a hack to
tap into the existing implementations of cut, paste, find etc, and
avoid rewriting all that as commands. If you're creating something
new, subclassing OBCommand is a much better way to go.

Colin