[squeak-dev] Edgar's (too late?) answers to the 2008 election questions

edgar De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 6 14:35:24 UTC 2008

Some things is out of my control sorry for being too
late

Questions.
 1. Approximately, how much time do you plan on
 spending on Squeak during the coming year (in any
kind of unit)?

About 3 hours each day , as average

 2. What are in your mind the three most important
 issues (not  necessarily technical) we need to
address in the coming year?

Put end to forever licesing issues.
Community is more as exchanging code, I don´t see this
in Squeak, try to push SqueakRos model

 3. What is your view on fund raising and how any
 such collected money  should be dealt with?

I lack experience in this area.

> 4. What is your view on the ongoing process of
> making SqueakFoundation a
> not-for-profit legal entity?

Bravo for until to date work !

> 5. Do you think the Team model is appropriate for
> organising our efforts
> or should we come up with something else?

I write on how I view Teams, with the Ferrari model.
I think the closest to me is Mario Almondo who went
from lecturer to Technical Director.
http://www.shell.com/home/content/ferrari-en/formula_one_2007/2007_biographies/mario_almondo/biography/biography.html

 6. Do you have any specific views on how the Squeak
 board and the Squeak
 community should work together with the Squeak
 satellite communities
 (Croquet, Seaside, Sophie, Squeakland, Scratch etc),
 also referred to as
 "stakeholder communities"?

Maybe take the Serge suggestion on do one
"reunification" long talk in ESUG between all
developers, face to face.

> 7. The squeak.org release is our most important
> asset. How do you see it
> evolving over the next few years?

I email to list several times my views.

Going smaller, going modular, give users freedom to
choose, give newcomers less headaches

 8. Do you have any thoughts on the current
 relicensing effort?

Again , another bravo. this time to Craig .

 9. How would you like Squeak to be positioned in the
 open source world  in year 2012?

Better as now and worst as 2013 !
Starting from small intelligent core ,  Squeak 2012
could do all for children from 5 to 105

> 10. What do you see as the overall role of the
> board?

Give presence messages to all list

 11. What actions would you take to promote Squeak as
 an environment for  professional software
development?

Difficult one. Web development with Squeak seems solid
to me.
Found sponsors for specific projects and show people
we have some others don't

Edgar

I must finish now, they are asking for his computer
:=)

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration