[squeak-dev] knowing World extent before redraw.

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 17:19:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

how do i know the World's extent before the World is redrawn after a
size change of the Squeak window?

User story: I wrote a (Win only) plugin which programmatically can
change the Squeak window's size. Alas the parameters only set the
outer window's size.

So in order to tightly fit the Squeak window around my application I
would have to:

self setWindowSize: x at y.
self waitUntilWindowHasWedawn
diff := x at y - World extent
self setWindowSize (x at y + diff)

I'd like to skip the second line if I could get diff earlier.

OTOH if a Windows knowable person would know how to set the size of
Squeak's client area that would be much nicer. I'm kind of C and
Winapi illiterate :-).

Thanks,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net