[squeak-dev] How to compile FreeType Plugin (FT2Plugin)?

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Thu Mar 13 01:25:17 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a problem to build FT2Plugin by VMMaker. Does someone could
give me a hint?

In
FT2Plugin>>primitiveCopyToExternalMemory:
	rcvr := self primitive: 'primitiveCopyToExternalMemory'
		parameters: #(ByteArray)
		receiver: #FreeTypeExternalMemory.

When I generated FT2Plugin, SmartSyntaxPluginTMethod complains that
FreeTypeExternalMemory should be a Behavior, but there is no class
with such name.

I used Freetype-Base-be.70 and Freetype-Plugin-JMM.53 at
http://source.impara.de/freetype/. The image was based on
Squeak3.9alpha #7021 and the OS was Fedora Core 7.

I want to use FreeType for OLPC eToys, and I tested it with FreeType
Plus 0.4 and FreeType Plus (plugins installer) 0.13 on SqueakMap. It
worked pretty well with small change. That's a great job! But I want
to keep all vm source code at one place, so I need to build the plugin
by myself.  Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
- Takashi