[squeak-dev] We need new Web Team leader (Was: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Mar 14 00:41:10 UTC 2008

This is just a repost using better topic...

Hi Squeakers,

I'd like to announce that I'm seriously thinking about helping Squeak
community with stepping up as a WebTeam team leader.

Let me introduce myself a bit: I already have an experience building up
and maintaining content on Aida/Web site and I also got some experience
how to do promotion and how to do a Search Engine Optimizations (SEO).

That experience can help to improve a bit otherwise already very rich
Squeak website. Other possibility for improvement is to upgrade
technology behind website and here I can again contribute with
Aida/Scribo CMS, which is a base for Aida's website and is currently in
intense development, just adding blog support. That way a Squeak website
will also be a show point of most advanced technology Squeakers have.
Which is good in my opinion for Squeak and Smalltalk promotion in general.

To conclude, I can contribute with maintaining content on one side but
also to upgrade the website technology to Aida/Scribo CMS, so that a
website will be modern, with fresh and relevant content and with all
things such site needs to have those days.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web