[squeak-dev] Re: I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 14 02:10:45 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> On 14/03/2008, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>  > If Janko can push things with Aida, i don't mind so. Between
>>  > stagnation and movement i choose movement.
>>

>> I would recommend spending two minutes to think about how to roll out
>>  such a change and how to roll back if (god forbid) the job turns out too
>>  big, the tool not suited, or the volunteer in question getting run over
>>  by a bus. Only headless chickens move merely for the sake of movement ;-)
>>

> Well, i hope Janko understands how hard it can be. And if he really
> thinks that he capable to work things out, then why not. Nevertheless,
> we have to put trust in people time to time :)

Sure. But part of trusting him to work things out is to trust him to
come up with a plan that can address these issues, no? (and by "plan" I
mean nothing complicated - just a staging site so that people can have a
look at it and the board can decide when it's ready to go live)

> As i noticed, i'd vote for seasider, but if there is nobody else who
> can commit enough time to remake site and support it, then what
> choices do we have?

We have the choice of the status quo.

Cheers,
   - Andreas