[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Mar 14 07:04:08 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Pair <stephen at pairhome.net> writes:

Stephen> I hate to drag this up again, and maybe you've covered it before, but
Stephen> could you share your reasoning behind licensing Aida as LGPL.  Would
Stephen> you consider also making it available under MIT?  I personally am
Stephen> hesitant to do anything with software under any L/GPL type license.
Stephen> I think others have a similar concern and that might be an issue if a
Stephen> number of the squeak websites used Aida.  It's an honest question, I
Stephen> have no agenda here (other than a concern over L/GPL type licenses).

+1, as I've already spoken my opinion about GPL with relation to getting
things accepted commercially.