[squeak-dev] I'm stepping down as WebTeam Leader Mars 31

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Fri Mar 14 16:25:49 UTC 2008

 Personnaly, I think there is room for both...
> especially if you consider the squeak site is *static* so I don't
> really see interest in having seaside used here (of course Pier could
> do it) as we could not say there are high level business processes in
> the squeak sites...).

But it should not. Because:

1) Seems that Squeak will have a non profit fundation. If so, to facilitate things for users who want to make online donations should have a HIGH priority. That’s highly interactive and important in many/money senses.

2)Other non static example could be *something* that can give a taste of what can be to interact with smalltalk code made online (of course that sand box has to be an independent on the fly reconstructible image for security reasons).

The navegable source that we may have and this smalltalk code interactive online sandbox will provide a glimpse of how is to interact with a smalltalk without downloading it.

If we do that we demolish the download barrier and nowadays to download could be a barrier higher than we may think.

Cheers,

Sebastian