[squeak-dev] re: we need a new web team leader

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:52:25 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

>  Hi--
>
>       I agree with Brad and others that what most needs doing on the web
>  team is content maintenance. Perhaps the tools used to compose and
>  deploy that content could decrease the effort required, but I haven't
>  seen anyone make that case successfully yet.
>
>       Klaus writes:
>
>   > - the press room is outdated
>   > - the screenshots are outdated (UI enhancements?)
>   > - new initiatives are missing
>   >  (example http://www.google.com/search?q=hydra+site:www.squeak.org)
>   >  (http://www.google.com/search?q=summer+of+code+site:www.squeak.org)
>   > - http://www.squeak.org/Download/ is way too large
>
>       I think all of these items would benefit most from attentive
>  people who can incorporate new information in a timely way, the
>  technology they use is of far lesser importance.

except I believe it's embarrassing not to use the language we so
fervently and religiously  promote. If we didn't have a usable
Smalltalk web engine, then I would understand. But, Seaside is
available and it's great.  And if it's deficient in some way, we have
the resources to change/add/delete/enhance in the community.

brad