[squeak-dev] Demo of squeak.org on Aida/Scribo ready

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Mar 19 18:15:18 UTC 2008

Dear Squeakers,

Demo of new squeak.org on http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si:9000 has now also
more public editing rights. Just login as:

	demo/demo

...and you should have Edit link up-right or edit icon below central
text. Clicking on it should open a WYSIWYG editor of content.

If you'll got a message "Please wait, page is currently locked by user:
Demo user", then someone else is just editing that page. Wait for
message: "Page is now released and ready to edit" or go back and select
other page and try editing it.. Also, editing on IE6 is not supported
yet, while IE7 is.

Try also uploading some image in below box, then simply drag it into the
text and resize it by dragging borders. Simply isn't it?

That's it, I think you can now see how easy is to maintain Scribo based
website and therefore I think it will also be easy to delegate some
maintenance duties to broader public. Of course there are still other
things to finish like RSS reader etc etc, soon, a day or two...

I hope that now you are convinced that with Aida/Scribo and vibrant
community behind which is able to deliver, a Squeak website would be in
safe hands and that you'll accept my offer.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek